All that glitters…isn’t just GOLD!
The Christmas season is here once again and it’s time to sparkle like a Christmas bauble! I love putting the Christmas tree up, decorating it brings me so much satisfaction. You beautify a blank canvas using different colour combinations and textures. Which colours do you choose - greens, reds, golds, purples, silvers or whites? It’s time to add the decorative details with endless possibilities. I’ve just enriched my make-up collection with tons of glittery beauty products for a variety of Christmas looks and I couldn’t be more excited! Think of yourself as the tree standing there in your new LBD. How are you going to adorn yourself and with what festive colours?
Twinkling lights on the streets to eyeshadows twinkling on the eyes, glitter has been huge for the last few seasons. You can go from soft light reflecting shimmers to intense festive glitz going as bold or subtle as you like. Prep and prime the skin to achieve a luminous glowing base and you’re ready to use the power of make-up to decorate your facial features!
Eyes are the easiest feature to create a striking look with. A palette takes the hassle out of picking colours that go well together and the big beauty brands love to bring these out in September or October giving the newest edition enough time to infiltrate our news feeds and shop counters before Christmas. I have chosen my top three for you to add to your wish list:
1. Anastasia Beverley Hills New Holiday “Prism” Palette £41.00. This palette has been designed specifically for the festive season with hues that just epitomise Christmas; warm browns, golds, oranges, a sparkly green and merlot hues in both matte and shimmer shades.
2. Maybelline Eyeshadow Palette in “Burgundy Bar” £11.99. I love the warm damson hues in this palette they’re as delicious as mulled wine, cosy and muted with a velvet sheen.
3. Chanel Eyeshadow palette in “Tissé Smoky” £42.00. The frosty metallic jewels in this quartet allow you to create a sultry grey smoky eye with a touch of elegant pearlescent sparkle.
1. Mac Eyeshadow in “Beauty Marked” £13.50. This highly pigmented full bodied wine colour has an iridescent finish – It’s just so Christmassy I am obsessed!
2. Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in “Diamond Dust” £23.00. A pearly silver gloss which is easy to build up, you can go for a light frosting or lids that shine as bright as the northern star!
3. Urban Decay Moon Dust Eyeshadow in “Zodiac” £15.50. Ingrained with flecks of black and gold this shimmery green is an ethereal delight.
If you want to up your sparkle then buying pots of loose glitter is a great way to rock an eye catching lid. Not only will it dazzle but the larger particles will create texture and interest drawing more attention to the eyes. Popular festival brands like “In Your Dreams” and “Gypsy Shrine” have some amazing pots in different colours and sizes as well facial jewels that will be sure to get you noticed at the Christmas party! In terms of make-up brands NYX have some economically priced glitter pots priced at £4.95 a pop. I love the red, copper and bronze shades team it with the NYX professional glitter primer £8.00 to provide some staying power for a dramatic finish.
NYX Professional Make-up Glitter Primer £8.00 + NYX Professional Make-up Face & Body Glitter £5.50
The glamour doesn’t need to stop at the eyes. I have mentioned the glitter lip in my previous articles and it’s still trending. Add some glitter to the lips on top of your favourite shade or use a lip topper to add a glossy frosting to the lips. Jouer’s range of long-wear lip toppers priced at £13.50 caught my attention recently. “Frost Bite” is my favourite (the white shade); it’s like sparkling diamantes.
Jouer Cosmetics Long-Wear Lip Toppers £13.50
Moving on from lips, let’s talk cheekbones. Highlighting is the most prolific trend this decade along with contouring. Get the light bouncing of those cheekbones by adding some opulent winter sunbeams to your face. You can use your go-to highlighter or if you want something shiny and new then check out Rihanna’s new beauty line- It has lots of new playthings to try!!! Her range “Fenty Beauty” named after her real name Robyn Fenty is flying off the shelves and is sold exclusively at Harvey Nicholls and online at Sephora. It models itself on being a brand for everyone, of all races, colours and creeds with an extensive foundation shade range for every possible skin tone. They have also broken the mould with some amazing highlighters. The core to Fenty is the emphasis it places on the skin as the main event! Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Trophy Wife £26.00 is a best seller and it’s easy to see why. If gold is a bit much for you then try Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in lightning dust and fire crystal also £26.00. It’s ideal for lighter skin tones and is more subtle.
Fenty Beauty’s Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Trophy Wife £26.00
Fenty Beauty’s Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Lightning & Fire Crystal £26.00